Explore Cambria CA
Cambria, California is a picturesque village that unfolds along scenic Highway 1 between San Francisco and Los Angeles on the Central Coast of California, just 6 miles south of the famous historic landmark Hearst Castle.
Nestled among towering pines and the shimmering sea on California’s Central Coast, Cambria CA is free of chain stores and brimming with charm. Exit the beaten path and explore one of California’s truly unique destinations. Cambria is a great home base for exploring San Luis Obispo County. Most day trips are less than an hour away from the Cambria Inns Collection hotels.
Cambria CA has a mild, Mediterranean climate and 300 sunny days a year with temps averaging in the 60s and 70s year-round. Mild summers and winters make Cambria Ca the perfect place any time of the year.
Our climate is ideal for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, kayaking and surfing. Cambria CA is known for beautiful sunsets, but remember that coastal weather can get chilly at times, so it is always best to bring some layers when spending time at the beach.
Moonstone Beach is located off Cambria’s rocky shoreline below 20-foot windswept bluffs. Visitors can access the sandy beach via several staircases, or take a walk on the one-mile boardwalk along the coast. Enjoy the walking trails that lead past small coves, rock formations, and tide pools to scenic overlooks that are perfect for sighting migrating gray whales and other marine mammals. Keep an eye on the kelp beds for the local sea otters and you will often see seals on the rocks. Tidepools offer a glimpse into an underworld scene rarely seen. Please do not disturb the animals you see, they should never be handled. There are many ground squirrels that have made there home along the boardwalk and if you happen to be around in the early mornings, you might even spot a fox! The artistic spirit of Cambria is evident when you spot the driftwood sculptures and zen rock stacks that pepper the shoreline. Let your creativity bloom and build your own beach art using the plentiful supplies along the coast. Shamel Park is a great place to enjoy a picnic on the lawn or a playground for the children. Close beach access and picnic grills make this a wonderful stop for families. There is also a seasonal public pool.
Cambria has a number of opportunities to sample local wines and beer. In the West Village, there are several tasting rooms.
- Black Hand Cellars is a boutique winery specializing in handcrafted red wine varietals from the Central Coast. This family winery has its only tasting room in Cambria.
- Moonstone Cellars produces premium wines from Central Coast fruit. “Enchanting Wines From Hillside Vines Near Seaside Pines”.
- Cutruzzola Vineyards has a tasting room in town and wine is produced from vineyards located in a coastal valley just outside the town of Cambria on California’s Central Coast.
- In the East Village, Twin Coyotes wines are crafted from sustainably farmed vineyards, handmade in small batches with attention to every detail.
Fermentations and Wine:Taste are tasting rooms with a wide variety of wines and tastings. It is a great way to discover some favorites before you venture out on a wine tour. Just a short drive away are several more wine tasting rooms.
- Hearst Ranch Winery is located in nearby old San Simeon Village across from the entrance to Hearst Castle and inside Sebastian’s General Store, built in 1852.
- Stolo Family Winery & Vineyards grow small lots of Coastal Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Syrah and are just 2 miles up scenic Santa Rosa Creek Road.