Any one of these is reason enough to visit Cambria this Fall (and Winter!) And while every season has special qualities, you will discover why locals consider this the best time of the year!
1. Spectacular Weather! The fall months often bring some of the best weather to the Central Coast. The mild climate means you can enjoy the great outdoors and the natural splendor that surrounds us. Fall sunsets top the list of must sees as the scattered clouds add a colorful layer to the expansive vistas.
2. Amazing Shopping! The stress of holiday shopping is replaced with the joy of discovering unique and one-of-a-kind gifts in every store. The artisan community of Cambria is well represented in the shops here. From original fine art to clever crafts, the perfect gift for your loved one is easy to find. Free parking and friendly shopkeepers add to the Cambria experience.
3. Scarecrows. Okay, they are only here until October 31, but they are fabulous. Hundreds of original creations line the streets and fill the shops in the village. Some might fool you into thinking they are real, while the sense of whimsy prevails, and a peek into the personality of Cambria is revealed.
4. Hearst Castle in the Evening. The evening tours allow visitors to experience the Castle at night as a visitor in the 1930s might have… docents in period costumes add the perfect touch to imagine yourself in the heyday of the castle. The night tours are only offered in the fall and spring and this unique opportunity is unmatched.
5. Fewer Crowds. The summer crowds are gone, but the summer vibe remains. As the busy season ends, most locals say, the best season begins. The quieter side of Cambria brings out the locals and those who know this fall secret… to a local, Fall is our Summer!