1. Go to the Beach. Moonstone Beach is directly across from the Cambria Inns Collection hotels and the mile-long boardwalk is perfect for leisurely strolls and enjoying the scenery but if you really want to get into the beach spirit, you can easily access the beach to walk in the sand!
2. Get Creative. Build a driftwood hut or stack beach rocks into a zen tower. Let your inner child out to play when you build a sand castle or dig for shells.
3. Take a Hike. Spend some time in the great outdoors on the many hiking and walking trails in Cambria. Visit the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve and choose from over 400 acres of open space with trails suitable for all skill levels.
4. Wine Tasting. You can get a great sampling of the Paso Robles Wineries at tasting rooms like Fermentations, Wine:Taste, and Madeline’s. Or check out the tasting rooms of the Pacific Coast Wine Trail; Black Hand Cellars, Stolo Family Winery, Hearst Ranch Winery, Twin Peaks Winery, and Moonstone Cellars.
5. Go Shopping. Cambria is home to many artists and crafters and there is an abundance of original and unique arts and gifts from which to choose. You will wow your friends and family with your creative finds. If you enjoy antiques and vintage collectibles, there are several shops with a multitude of different exhibitors.
6. See Live Entertainment. Cambria’s creativity doesn’t stop with the fine arts, it extends into the realm of local theater with the Pewter Plough Playhouse and the Allied Arts Program and with a strong local music scene, there is usually some form of live entertainment to be had every day of the year.
7. Visit Hearst Castle. Okay, technically, this isn’t in Cambria, but at only 6 miles away it is a wonderful experience to see the art collections and amazing architecture in this famous Julia Morgan home built for William Randolph Hearst.
8.Whale and Dolphin Watching. The migrating whales come quite close to the shore so you can often see a spout or catch a dolphin jumping out of the water. Depending on the time of year, there can be quite a few as they head up or down the coast.
9. Explore the Surrounding Area. Cambria is wonderful, and many guests stay close by during their visits, but there is so much more to do and almost everything within 30-45 minutes of Cambria. Visit the Paso Robles Wineries, or take a drive up highway one and into Big Sur. San Luis Obispo is only 30 miles and has a wonderful robust downtown as well as Cal Poly University.
10. Do Absolutely Nothing. When you just want to relax, look at the beauty, and not do much else, Cambria is a peaceful getaway that will rejuvenate you and invigorate you with the soft ocean breezes, clean fresh air, and beautiful natural wonders that surround us. Cambria is untouched by big development and the simple wonders are easy to appreciate. Great place to unplug your devices and really relax!